Step by Step How to Hide Column in Export csv from SSRS ReportIntroduction:
Here I will explain How to Hide column information in Export data from SSRS Report to CSV or XML, PDF etc.
In Reporting services includes a set of renderers, also referred to as rendering extensions are used to export reports to different formats. Generally Data renderers are used to
• Restrict all formatting and layout information from the report and display only the data import from report into another file type, such as Excel, CSV, and XML.
• The width and height of the pages like in WebPages and PDF files.
• The size of the report body like A4, Letter, Legal.
• The width and height of report items.
But today in this article I would discuss about the Hide columns in Export csv from ssrs report.
1. First to create a simple report of Person Details
2. Export PersonDetails from report to Person.csv file.
2.1. Right click on report Exprot --> Excel option.
3. But i want to hide the columns of PersonType in the Excel file.
3.1. In the Design browser select PersonType column in PersonDetails table.
Rightclick on PersonType column --> Column Visibility option.
3.2. Just add this in “Show or Hide Based on an expression” in column property.
3.3. Write the following Expression on Expression Box
IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name = "EXCEL", True, False)
3.5.Again exprt the data from SSRS report to Result_PersonDetails table.
3.6.Display the Result_PersonDetails table.
Let me know what you think about this tutorial.